When you want to start coloring there are a few tips that you can use to help make your coloring experience more enjoyable. Everyone has a few special tricks they like to use when they pull out their coloring books and prepare for a spectacular coloring session. A few examples of how to make your own coloring experience more enjoyable include:
- Finding a sunny spot- Coloring in the sunshine, whether outdoors or through a window in your home will not only give you a better, more natural source of light, it will also provide a more positive experience. Coloring in the sun will give you all the vitamin D you could ask for and while the sun warms your face and provides ample light, you will soon find your mood and spirit becoming uplifted.
- Relish the silence- Even if it is just for ten minutes a day, silence assists in boosting your mental health. Taking a moment for yourself and your chosen coloring book will allow you to fully focus on your coloring without any distractions. Remember, silence is golden, and when it comes to coloring, this can be most helpful.
- Call on a friend or relative- It is important to let yourself stay sociable and interacting with your friends and family and what better way to do so than hosting a coloring session? Coloring with a close friend or loved one can allow a stronger bond to be built. This is especially true if you have younger siblings, children, nieces or nephews that you can involve in your coloring time.
- Turn on some non-lyrical music- Whether it is classical piano or smooth jazz, the music can help drive your creative spirit as well as provide a soothing background noise should you find you do need something other than silence sometimes. Non-lyrical music will help you focus and maintain a peaceful vibe when you are in a coloring mood.
- Change it up-Find ways to change up your color schemes when you are coloring. For example, if you are coloring a forest theme, change out the greens and browns for vibrant blues, yellows, and pinks. Coloring is all about you and your creative drive so don’t forget to go wild with your colors and see what you can come up with. Whether you color something the exact opposite of what it is ‘supposed’ to be or you stick with a theme of using all shades of blue for your page, remember to keep things interesting and creative by straying from the norm. Who knows, you might find that you love playing with the different colors and you could spark yet another creative drive within yourself.
In short, adult coloring books are not only cool, they can help you in so many ways. Whether you are new to the art or an avid hobbyist, you can be sure to find yourself on an amazing coloring adventure that provides ample mental health benefits, relaxation, and of course, a strong sense of self and your own creative spirit.